Hello

Tank

Reefing newb
Howdy all....

Been keepin freshwater fish since...well, forever now, but just got into marine a couple years ago. I've had alot of success with my current softy tank and it's fishy inhabitants. For corals i keep mainly Leathers, i dont know what most of them are exactly cuz the LFS around here calls everything "leather" corals. They dont really get into the name thing with leathers and zoanthids. Wich is fine by me as long as they can give me basic care info (wich they usually do). The fish are...1 rainfordi goby, 1 firefish, 2 vanderbuilt chromis. Its a peacful tank until feeding time, then the 2 chromis compete with each other for all the food.

I'm currently in the process of building a 46 bow, not sure of my stocking list as of yet. Thats how i found this joint, searching the net. I figured i might as well join, maybe i'll learn something here! I'm sure i'll have some silly questions to ask along the way (hope yall dont mind), but dont worry i research alot and i learn quick so hopefully i wont have to bug yall too much. Anyway...i'm gonna go check out the photo gallery now catch you all later....

Tank

Welcome Tank!!! I'm sure that you'll find everyone here more than willing to answer any question you have!!! As for your researching goes, there are a TON of VERY helpful articles here....Lord knows that they, along with all the wonderful people on this site, have helped me tremendously.

And by the way, we'd love to see pics of your setup!

Welcome and thanks for joining in! I've got a 46 bow front and I am very happy with it! I am sure you will enjoy yours as well!

matthew1048 said:
Welcome Tank!!! I'm sure that you'll find everyone here more than willing to answer any question you have!!! As for your researching goes, there are a TON of VERY helpful articles here....Lord knows that they, along with all the wonderful people on this site, have helped me tremendously.

And by the way, we'd love to see pics of your setup!

Been doing some rearranging lately, once thats done and ive added a couple more of my wishlist corals i will get some pics up.

What kind of guitar/music you play? I have a couple old Kramer pacers, a couple of the new Gibson/Kramer imports, And a San Dimas Charvel. The Charvel's in storage though. Since i built the softy tank my practice time has almost doubled.

Adrastos said:
Welcome and thanks for joining in! I've got a 46 bow front and I am very happy with it! I am sure you will enjoy yours as well!

Does the curved glass distort the veiw of the tank? Ya know what i mean? I thought i read somewhere, thats a drawback to bowfronts.

Tank, I play a Fender Showmaster through a Line 6 Flextone III and a Fender Stratacoustic through a Marshall.....I play alot of blues/blues rock/classic rock.

Hi and welcome to the Reef.
Like every body else said,post any question that you might have.Somebody will have the answer.

Tank said:
Does the curved glass distort the veiw of the tank? Ya know what i mean? I thought i read somewhere, thats a drawback to bowfronts.

It does - just a little bit. Nothing enough to make want another tank. I think the problem is much more noticeable with Hexagon tanks. I get more frustrated with the bow when it comes to photography but as far as daily viewing goes - I've never had any issues with the bow :)

Welcome to Living Reefs
I don't think it distorts the view,if anything I think it enhances the view,makes everything look slightly larger than they appear.

Back