Hello

Savannah

Reefing newb
Hello! My name is Savannah and I am new to the saltwater hobby. I am a 22 year old married female that lives in Wisconsin. I need all the help I can get in this hobby! So comments and suggestions are welcome. I have a 28 gal fish only tank with a mechanical filter and live sand. I am going to get a protein skimmer and I want to start either a wet/dry filter or Sump not sure yet. :sfish:

Hello! And Welcome to the Reef mate!!
Ok, so first off, you only have live sand and no live rock?? If so i would say go for live rock first.
Anything else you wanna say? :p
You got any live stock, you said its a fish only, got any? :D Or are you just setting up as we speak?

I need to get some live rock! I just have decor for now. I have a pink spotted goby. If I get live rock and introduce it to my 28 gal tank, can live rock bring in parasites that can hurt the goby?

Hello and welcome to the site...glad to have you. The live rock serves as your primary filtration and also as a safe haven for the fish. The rule of thumb is 1-2lbs per gallon, but not all of it has to be live, you can also buy some base rock and a few pieces of live and over time, the base rock will become live also.

I just went out and purchased a protein skimmer!!! I am so excited.... next on my list is some live rock to add to my tank.

Back