Hello!

Slider

Reefing newb
Hey everyone!,

Slider here, new to the forum and excited to be part of the community!

I am very very new to saltwater aquariums but have been dealing with freshwater aquariums for sometime now. Love to aquascape and keep tanks so saltwater is going to be an exciting new challenge for me. Given space (and monetary limitation) I will be doing nano tanks to start (if 16 gallons is considered nano for reef tanks)! So far just starting to look into everything so any suggestions for a beginner are most welcome.

Slider

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

And I am from just outside of Joliet Illinois, but going to school at ISU (soon graduate school hopefully at Chapel Hill N.C.) I have done micro tanks for freshwater for a while now (about 7 gallons), so I understand that maintenance is relatively high and that's ok, but, I was wondering what is the best size for a smaller end salt? Would a 16 gallon Fluval be worth it?

hello welcome to the site. Sure its worth it. I just tore down a 10 gallon that was beautiful before a heater malfunction. Small tanks can be a lot of fun.

good to hear, I love my freshwater nano so I cant wait to get started, just nervous about it since I have heard nano salt tanks can be, well, temperamental.

I personally would HIGHLY suggest starting with at least a 29 or bigger. It will be much better to learn on, plus you can keep more than one fish. Then decide if you want to go nano

Back