help! how to hang big lights?

wow, first your told that they dont make a hanging kit, then when you get the one that they suggest, it dosent work.. think i'll stick to making my own lights, at least i know the parts will fit together....

I hadnt forgot the pics Tanked.Been laid up for a few days with the swine flu,plus photobucket aint letting me up load from my cell phone:grumble:for some reason.(forgot my camera at my parents place in Tenn.)
But it sounds like your headed in the right direction with the shelf.

No sweat yote, I'm still up :pooh: creek without a paddle... but thanks anyway

So, the shelf plan didn't work. it's not stable enough (my fault cause I suck at building stuff), but more than that, you can't adjust marineland lights up by more than 6" because they put a metal crimp on the two wires....:frustrat::frustrat: so even without the shelf-- ie, hanging it from the ceiling-- the hanging kit is still too long. Plus, the screws on it don't fit into the screw holes on the lights. Marineland is sending a tech-- really someone that works for "the other" LFS in town-- to try and "re-tap" the holes, whatever that means...

I hate these lights.

My new and revised plan, after I actually get a hanging kit that will fit these damn lights, is to higher a metal welder (or whatever that would be called) to build a powder coated steal frame to support the lights, if the price is fairly reasonable.

What do those brackets have that actually connects to the lights? Like, is there a hook or something to hang the wires from? Their picture aren't close up enough for me to tell

Back