help - is my new fish dying?

Sorry about your troubles. None of the 4 stores in my area have a return or guarantee on their livestock. The soonest I've lost a fish was a tiger goby after 4 hours in my tank. On the other hand, this fish jumped out of the store's tank twice while they tried to net it to sell to me. In hindsight, I should not have bought it, since it was SO stressed from it's capture ordeal that it never had a chance in my tank. Apparently the store agreed and they made an exception. They did offer to replace the fish, as soon as another one comes in. That was a month ago. :)

I JUST had an experience very similar to yours.... Added 2 Tank Raised Perculas from the LFS. 1 acclimated pretty well and was swimming around and eating within 24 hrs. The other tho about 24 hrs in after not acting right the entire time started swimming real funky so I quarantined him and about 15 mins later he died :( He did, however, have some blemishes (lighter color) in his scales up front and some cuts in fins.

I'm very sad for my tank is still very new... The other clown and a Blue/Green Chromis seem to be doing very fine so it leads me to believe that it was not my fault the 1 clown died.

sorry about your loss :(

we don't have guarantees here on fish either. once they leave the store they are not their "problem" anymore. one of our LFS caught me a shrimp that jumped twice. told me it would be fine.... got it home... DIED. D:

good luck finding another! we have tons here at one of our LFS but they don't ship out :(

Black cap basslet died yesterday. Pick it up on Tuesday night. Store gave me 50% credit. They required a water test. Only problem she saw was my salinity was 1.025...LOL I told her I drip acclimate which changed her tune instantly.

Back