help - is my new fish dying?

they are young for sure... they hang out all the time.. and in the store they had hosted an anemone. My guess yes...a pair.

GL with the clowns. I'd been upset if one of my clowns wasn't acting right. I do remember a month or two ago when they were new to the tank 1 wasn't eating like normal..the next day he was perfectly fine.

Hmm... not sure what to make of this... The not eating clown has moved away from the host spot... but is now hiding deep in the rocks... still swimming very strangely when swimming at all...it actually took me 15 minutes to find him initially.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqHocT_cH6Q]YouTube - IMG_0597.MOV[/ame]

In the time it took to upload this video...I can no longer find the fish..

:frustrat::frustrat:

Hrm...the swimming is normal, but when he sort of just ends up pressed against the rock...that part is weird....it's possible that because he hasn't gotten enough to eat, he's feeling weak against the current. He doesn't look as fat as the other one. No sign of him yet? Try the garlic w/ mysis, turn off the flow, and spot feed the area where he's at, if he turns up.

Best of luck to you. I'd put the pressure on them pretty hard to replace the fish or at least offer you some type of store credit. There is no reason that one should live and one should die.

Okay... I am now EXTREMELY annoyed.

Although this has been well documented on 3 different forums...
Although I picked up the fish on Monday and by Thursday it is dead....
Although these fish cost almost $100 CDN each....

I have been informed that Saltwater fish have no warranty at AQUANATION in Halifax

Aquanation in Halifax cannot help at all... I was told they would "try and help me out" if and when they ever got another chance to order them.

BUYER BEWARE!!!!!

The manager is apparently going to talk with the owner...but I can say it doesn't sound hopeful at all.

I can say personally that after this experience I will certainly not be buying anything at AQUANATION unless this is looked after properly.

The reason we are told to avoid the large Pet Stores is for customer service... apparently that is not always the case.

What is the policy at other stores regarding Saltwater fish?

Well they have agreed to replace it....

IF they can get one...

I want to return the living one too and get a pair when they get more.

The store assures me they will pair up no problem when the new one arrives....

Opinions?

as long as the other one is smaller than the one you have they should pair up but that is not always going to happen. my lfs has a week guarantee on fish but not on corals. or inverts. i am glad to hear that they are going to replace your fish

Sorry to hear :( Even if if were an inexpensive fish, it's still hard to lose one. Good luck with dealing w/ your lfs. I'm not sure if my LFS has policies about dead fish from their store. I asked them a year ago when I first went to them about that, and they sorta said they can't guarantee the fish. Dunno though...I've never lost a fish within a week. The fastest I lost a fish was 3-4 weeks later.

this same thing just happened to me. i thought my clown was about to die. she was rubbing on a rock and then pearched on it and nearly stopped moving. scared the poo out of me. after i changed pants and stopped filpping out i came back to find her doing laps around my tank with the new powerheads i put in. go figure.

Sorry to hear Koda. Maybe try to trade the other in, get two different types of clowns and get the rest in store credit?

I have 50% money back within 30 days at mine, but they want a sample of your tank water. I got a placsamis for my fresh water fish tank and he died the next day. they gave me all my money back. LOVE the place

Back