Help me choose a new led fixture

Smitty

Reef pro
Hey guys, my girlfriend wants to get me a new updated led lighting system for my tank...or a tablet, so I'm thinking of getting the light. She's want to spend around $550.00 for the unit, so I need your help on choosing a nice fixture for my 37Gal cube reef. Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving.

For $550 you might as well get a Radion and call it a day. Or, if you don't want to max out her budget then I have nothing but good things to say about the Reef Breeders LED lights.

I like my Kessil A150. Only draw back is it isn't dimable. However, their larger one is. Not sure if the A350 or the new A360 can be used with controllers either.

I think the Kessil a360w has been awesome over the last 6 months. The color is blended perfectly so there is no false colors in the dt. I'm not sure how big your dt is, so a 4ft tank would need 2 and way over budget. I love the silence out of the fans on the Kessil and read bad reviews on other leds fan cooling noise. All in all, if that is your budget range, there is no going wrong with all of the higher end leds.

Is yours 30"? If so, you may need 2 fixtures. I think most are rated for 24"x24"x24". Maybe ask a sales rep if you would be okay since you're so highly stocked up with corals.

Kessil A360w is the way I would go if a Radion Pro is out of the question. The A360 can run off a controller as well. They just came out with the A360E as well and those are supposed to be even better. Do your research Smitty, but I would be mostly looking at these in that price range.

I've heard good things about ReefBeeders and a few folks here have and like them. However, I agree with fast. A Radion or similar, especially since yours is more cube-like than a standard 37.

@Big K, the lenses will spread. The standard is each fixture covers a 24"x24"x24" area.

Back