Help my Duncan!

italipinos8

Reefing newb
Dont no what is wrong with him but this is what he looked like when i came home from school. Cant test perimeters right now because i have to hurry to work. This morning he was bright and looked fine. The bottom of him is all brown and his tenticles are not looking normal.
IMG_0551.jpg

Thanks, will update in a few hours

how long have you had it? sometimes my duncan would go a day or two where it would look weird and shriveled i think its pretty normal

I cant see what you are talking about very well, but it might be brown jelly disease. Google it when you get a chance and if it is it, pull it ASAP!

Just got back from work... he still looks the same :(... I hope it is not brown jelly disease. I dont have any coral dip on me now so i will have to stop at my lfs tomorrow.

I have had him for probably 2-3 weeks, not sure, time flies. Other corals are looking good. I'll see wait he looks like tomorrow and keep updating.

mine cosed up for 2-3 weeks when it sprouted 5 new heads, they do funky things see how it looks tomarow

Duncans also react to the flow of the tank...They like some nice moderate flow, but they won't fully open up if they're getting the tar beat out of them by the flow. Have you recently rearranged your powerheads?

I can't really tell what's going on with it from the pic.

Sorry forgot to update, looked the same when i got home around 2ish. Gave him a dip and he is very unhappy from that. I'll see how it looks in the morning.

I dont have any powerheads in the tank yet and just running it on the stock pump. New pump and powerhead coming later this week.

Back