help please

godeeporgohome123

Reefing newb
First off i just wanted to thank everyone who has not bit my head off for the 34876348763 posts i have put up in the past 2 weeks i really do appriciate all the advice and help there is no way i could have done it without the pros on livingreefs.com lol

anyways my sump is running prime... i still need my skimmer and over flow but i got it running on a syphion at the moment. I was wondering when i put my live rock in my sump how much should go in there? The sumps 20 gallons but the area for the rock is probably 7 gallons...Also should i use some kind of sand in the sump for the rock or just rock?

Personally,I'd go with a bunch of smaller pieces of rock in the sump.That you get more surface area for the bacteria and more holes for the pods to breed in.You can also add a deep sand bed if you want.Its up to you.

+1 Yote. I would break the rock into little pieces to get more to fit in the tank. The more rock you can fit the better.

Pods do tend to like a rubble environment better than big chunks of rocks. And the sand is totally up to you -- most people have sand in their fuge to create habitat for more critters.

Back