Help Upgrading My Lighting

snyderju

Reefing newb
Okay, so I am looking at buying a new fixture for my tank sometime soon. I would like some help. I'm operating on a pretty small budget probably in the $100-$150 range. It doesn't have to be anything fancy but needs to provide enough light to grow soft corals and maybe some hard corals too.

Tank: Standard 29 gallon high aquarium
Current Lighting: Oddysea 20" 4x 18w T5HO

I know people probably don't like Aquatraders because of the Oddysea brand but currently I am looking at either of these two lights:

LED Reef Bright

or...

Odyssea T5 Aquarium Lighting

Which light would be better for my tank and needs? Please refrain from stating that they both are cheap and suck. I realize they are a cheaper brand and not as good as the more expensive ones. I also know that you get what you pay for. That being said which do you think is better?

Thanks,
Justin

From the reviews I read I was thinking the same thing. Despite the dreaded Odyssea name I've read some decent reviews on that light. I have an Odyssea fixture right now and I do like it despite the cheapness. I just cant fork up a ton of cash right now but need to upgrade my current light.

I dont personally have experience with the Odessya lighting products, but there are many people on the site that have the products and like them. I believe the quality issues they were having are largely a thing of the past

That's good to hear. I think when my tax return comes in I'll be upping my lighting. Anybody have any opinions on the submersible LED strips that you can buy? I heard they make good accent lighting and that corals seem to like them? Where would a person place that type of light?

Back