Help with eel

shades251

Reefing newb
i have been feeding my eel silversides and thats it he eats like crazy i know i should switch his food up so he doesnt get bored but a friend of mine feeds his only silversides as well and has been for the last 2 years.. so my question is do they get all the nutrients they need from silversides?

I'm a huge believer in variety for all my fish.....He may live for a couple years ,but we could get by on a bowl of cereal for years too....i never had an eel ,but i gotta think he would really appreciate other things...JMO

+1 Nemo and Little Fish.Your eel needs a variety of foods to be healthy.
At the LFS,we feed em silversides of course.But mix it up with clam strips,lancefish,large freeze dryed krill,raw table shrimp,and sometimes we'll even thump a damsel in the head and feed that to em.

+1 Nemo and Little Fish.Your eel needs a variety of foods to be healthy.
At the LFS,we feed em silversides of course.But mix it up with clam strips,lancefish,large freeze dryed krill,raw table shrimp,and sometimes we'll even thump a damsel in the head and feed that to em.

One of the LFS near my inlaws has a damsel that would thump back, it looks like a large bluegill.

We've got one of those at the store I help at to.:D
Meanest spawn of satan that ever sucked water.:shock:

Back