help with skimmers and pump!

Melonbob

Reef enthusiast
I was looking at used equipment and came across this. I need your opinion as I know little about running a tank this big at this time

Return Pump
IWAKI 100RLT (JAPAN) 2000 GPH @ 4 FT head; 39 max FT head; 380W; 1-inch Inlet/Outlet

Skimmer
REEFMANIA Beckett Style Skimmer
Skimmer specifications are the EXACT same as a myreefcreations (MRC) MR-2.
Box Dimensions: 10.5” X 7” X 8”; Total Height: 24.5”; Inlet: 1”; Injector(s): 1; Outlet: 1 ½” MPT w/Gate Valve; Rating: 300 Gallons; Recommended Pumps are MAG 18, Blueline 55, PCX 40, PCX 55

He'll throw in a couple new beckett injectors too. I know NOTHING about beckett style skimmers

I can get both for 400 shipped to my door. I would need a pump for the skimmer I'm guessing, I don't have anything that big so I'd have to shop. I have a mag 9.5 new in box though

So, deal or no deal?

Beckett skimmers are finicky. They work great but are typically on the loud side, the injectors need cleaned somewhat often and need to be constantly fiddled with. They are nice but can be touchy from all of my researching. Perfect skimmers for a remote sump.

Yes,becketts are loud and need added maintenace.I honestly don't know how well they work.

If you don't mind the added work,deal.

Back