Help!!

bluedeuce02

Reefing newb
Hi, after about 3 to 6 months my coral all seem to slowly wilt and fade away. I have tried everything I can think of to correct this. My tank is a 100g with 250w MH and 2 flor T8 bulbs. Water peramiters:

Calcium 460
Nitrate 0
Nitrite 0
PH 8.0
Phosphate .25
Ammonia .20

I have a torch, acan, duncan, bubble, open brain, kenya tree, various mushrooms, horn and a clam. I do a water change once a week, approx 15%. I am going to try a large water change this weekend. Not sure what else to do. I have had the tank for approx 5 years and at least once a year I go threw this. I take a water sample to my local fish store and they have no answers for me either. Not sure what to do...:frustrat:

Where abouts have you placed your corals and how much flow.
In my opinion i think you dont have strong enough lights, i have the same lighting over my 32 that you have on your 100g
Because if you are putting your corals on the sand bed, light cant penetrate that well to the depths of a 100. You are getting 2.5w per gallon. I would at least reccomend 4-5watts per gallon.
But then again thats my opinion, im sure someone else will correct me if im wrong.
And you say your bubble tip anemone died? That may be a slight problem.

Ammonia for one thing. Very Very bad for corals. Not to mention phosphate being bad also, but not as bad. Ammonia will kill them sure enough. That Ammonia is extremely high. Next, how old are your light bulbs themselves?

Back