Help!!!

Keep up with the water changes. I've had my daughter dump half a bottle of pellet food in my 45g once....and it was the day before we were leaving for vacation! I just siphoned out as much as possible and did water changes as much as I could. Just hang in there.

Agreed,keep doing the water changes.And get rid of any flake food thats left.
By just using frozen foods,you take care of some of the risks of over feeding.

Water parameters today at 6:40 p.m.

1. PH 8.2
2. Ammonia 2
3. Nitrite .25
4. Nitrate 5

The tank looks very clear today and all the fish look fine and also the snail that I thought died yesterday actually did not die, last night before I went to bed I started taking him out of the tank and noticed him moving, I put him on the glass and he latched on instantly!

I am just about done with a 30% water change and I was able to get out a little bit more flake food. I got a little bit of sand off the bottom when I was siphoning, is that going to be ok? It's about a fist full.

the amonia is the dangerous part at this point hopefully this latest waterchange will help.. that little bit of sand won't cause you any problems your tank is still new...

I went to 2 really nice LFS today and told them what happened in my tank. Both of the fish stores recommended that I use chemi-pure elite and that would help eliminate the ammonia, nitrite and nitrate, and phosphates as I am having massive hair algae now. They also recommended to keep doing the water changes until these levels are undetectable. With this help with my tank situation?

water parameters this morning at 9:45 a.m. with lights still off

1. PH 8.0
2. Ammonia .5-.75 (really close to .5, my diagram goes from .5 to 1)
3. Nitrite .25
4. Nitrate 10

It is getting better! The fish and clean up crew are looking better to, all of my hermits starting moving quicker last night after about an hour after I did my water change.

Today is the 5th day since the accident and I haven't fed the fish anything this whole time. Should I continue to wait until all the ammonia is gone or should I feed them a little bit? They look hungry as they are nibbling at algae but then they spit it out.

Today's water parameters!

PH 8.2
Ammonia 0-.25 (not quite 0 but very close)
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5

I've noticed the snails have been really busy today also

Glad to see your tank is getting back to normal. After reading your story, I think I'm going to keep my fish food locked in the booze cabinet, or maybe in a gun case that only opens with fingerprints and voice commands.

Back