here it is

PufferGuy

Reefing newb
Thanks for everyone that has answered my questions so far, but thanks to all you guys i finally got my tank set up and going... Its been up for a little over 2 weeks and thanks to my LFS i skipped the cycle since they gave me water from their tanks not the water they make daily, lr from tanks that had the same water i got and i also got live sand to seed my sand from them as well... as of today i got a Lawnmower blenny in there, 2 astrias and 2 blue leg hermits... here it is
n1500930697_30567683_1856.jpg

i have about 11lbs of rock in there now, is there need for more?? i figured i would leave it at that for a while... untill i decide to get the 30 gal tank anyway... also, where do you get the algae sheets from??

Looking good.
You can get the sheets from your LFS or petsmart either one.Or you can get nori sheets from those asian food stores.

i would personally put more rock in there. i know its one pound per gallon but id say a little more. looks good so far though.

I had a question about my lawnmower blenny... he doesnt seem to eat when i feed the tank, i feed mysis and even if it floats right by him or even hit him, he doesnt eat it. However, i have seen him eat stuff off the rocks and pick at the glass and filter where there are thin threads of algae... is this normal? Should i be worried he could starve and die?

Your blenny is probably grazing on the rocks and glass all day, as is his job. As long as you have seen him eating in the tank, there is no need to worry. That is why they are such excellent cleaners -- they are really great nuisance algae grazers.

Lawnmower blennys are algae eaters. If there is not enough algae for him to eat you will have to supplement his diet with the algae sheets that Oscarsdad mentioned.

yep its perfectly normal. lawnmower blennies are algae grazers, and thats what he is picking off the rocks. Like Yote and Oscarsdad said, get him some algae sheets if you dont have much in there already.

Back