Hermits vs Snails

snail's are good for algea problem's ONLY.. I keep both but hermit vote here!!!and they last longer, snails tend to stave if there isn't enough algea for them that's the problem I have..

Snails don't leave their skeletons all over my tank. I hate when they molted. I have to give them a day or two off so they can molt and recover.:grumble: Then back to WORK!

I have mostly snails I LOOOVE LOVE my mexican turbos they do a great job on the glass. I also have 3 tiny miniature crabs though I dont think they are suposed to get any bigger and they havent bothered anything but I do see them cleaning the rocks and stuff so they are fine with me.

Both, my red scarlet hermits are very friendly and sift through the sand and even tolerate the tiger turbo sitting on them while they clean their shells. Also my margarita snails have never been killed and they are lazy....just hopping they will get eaten eventfully, but I doubt it.

i gotta say hermits for me ii had snails before and they never really did much for the tank, i love the blue legs and the lefty in my cube

How can you deny these guys? Mine have never killed a snail. So cute and cuddly =)

DSCF3193.jpg

hell yeah those plugs are awesome
i got a new colony of zoa today and currently have 6 hermits trying to clean the roock they are on its interetsting to watch ive never seen snails go straight for a new rock in a tank

hell yeah those plugs are awesome
i got a new colony of zoa today and currently have 6 hermits trying to clean the roock they are on its interetsting to watch ive never seen snails go straight for a new rock in a tank

If they smell algae its on! Seriously lol

Hemits are reef safe IF they are small. The bigger ones can cause problems, like rubbing their shells on corals and stealing food from corals. Hemits can irk you sometimes BUT they do a very good job of cleaning up un eaten food and turning the sand. The turn the sand better than any crabs and although I complain the problems they cause are minor.

Back