hey guys

shades251

Reefing newb
Hi guys names chase, i just started my first tank, so i am very new to this, but so say the experts at the pet stores i seem to be doing ok. I have a 55 gal set up about 60 pounds sand 40 of which are live, and about 20 pounds live rock ( plan to get more soon. I have a firefish as a starter fish, two mexican turbo snails, and as of today three peppermint shrimp due to my infestation of aiptasia because i have been told they are very bad and the shrimp will eat them....anyway ill stop rambling now.....hello all

Hi Chase, and welcome to the site.

Looks like you are on the right track. Aiptasia suck. Hopefully your peppermints will take care of them.

If you want, start a thread in "Tank Showcase" to show us your tank!

I do have a question tho i bought my peppermint and two of them jus sit by my power head and dont do anything. They are also pregnant what are my chances of the babies living and surviving?

Welcome to the site!
The babies may live but if not, they may just become free food for your fish. Are you sure those are the actual shrimp by the powerhead it may just be the molt from your shrimp

Chances are very slim if you have other animals in the tank. Baby shrimp make great food for all the other animals.

Peppermints are nocturnal. They may not do much during the day, but should get to work at night after the lights are out.

Not sure what molt is but i put them in the tank they went straight to the powerhead and are just hanging out there...i am now reading i need to put iodine in the tank for the shrimp true?

I am soon to be buying a new power head and have come upon a good deal on two 1300 gph pumps is 2600 gph too much for my 55?

Welcome to the site and the hobby Chase.
As long as the sands not in suspension,then you dont have to much flow.

Back