Hi all

jimymac

Reefing newb
My name is Jim. I have recently got back into the saltwater tank hobby. I have a 45 gal tank. Right now I have init, 40 LBS Argonite Live Sand, 25 Lbs live rock and 3 damsels(2 orange tipped and 1 Neon blue/black. Once tank is ready I am looking to get 1-2 Lionfish, damsels will become their first meal.

Thanks for the advice. I am always looking for it, as I don't want to screw it up this time around. My last tank was 29 gal and I knew nothing. This time around I am taking advice from all. What about 1 Lionfish and 1 Eel(don't care what kind as money is not an issue). Thinking maybe a Ribbon Eel or a snowflake Eel.

I may end up getting a bigger tank down the road. I have been looking at a 70 Gal recently/

Eel and lion fish. as long as the lion fish is not a volitan, but, one of the smaller ones, and as long as the eel is a small variety you can get away with it as long as your filtration system is extrodinary as both species are messy eaters and you system will have to process large amounts of waste products after feeding times. welcome and sounds like a game plan for starters. Please visit our articles and gallery sections for information on your system and animals. Have fun and again welcome to our site.

welcome in. this place is great i just recently stared my tank up again also so much new information out there. these people here are great will help you alot :D

hey jimy, welcome, hope we can be of service to you and your fishy friends...

oh, and my first bit of advice, if money is no issue for you, i really need a proteine skimmer, buy me one?

Just kidding, but seriously... hehehehehe

have you any pictures of your setup? we like pictures!

hey jimy, welcome, hope we can be of service to you and your fishy friends...

oh, and my first bit of advice, if money is no issue for you, i really need a proteine skimmer, buy me one?

Just kidding, but seriously... hehehehehe

have you any pictures of your setup? we like pictures!

I have to buy me a protein skimmer as well!!! I will be getting some pics together soon.

Back