Hi Folks

BlacklungWallie

Reefing newb
:sfish: Hey I'm Matt just wanting 2 say hi

I'd also like your opinion on my fish list for a 150gal fish with live rock tank... these are the fish i want and the order i plan on introducing them (i plan on waiting months between adding each species)

6 Bluegreen Chromis
3 Zebra Dartfish
2 Ocelarris Clownfish
1 Spottail Shrimp Goby w/ snapping shrimp
1 Ornate Wrasse
1 Lyretail Hawkfish
1 Doubblesaddle Butterflyfish

(i was also thinking about 3Yellowhead Jawfish instead of the Lyretail Hawkfish)

Hello and welcome to the site...glad to have you aboard. If you're gonna do corals down the road, i'd reconsider the butterfly fish.

Hello and Welcome!

+1 on the butterfly, plus butterflies can very hard to keep, a fish really best left in the ocean.

Also the ornate wrasse, also know as the christmas wrasse, isnt reef safe either.

ok so if i don't go reef on this tank only the butterflyfish is a no go what makes them so difficult (the doubblesaddle butterfly is one of my favorites)

They dont adjust to aquarium life very well and they have pretty special diets, and are very prone to eternal parasites. I personally think its the lack of a proper died that does them in the end. If you absolutely must have one, I would wait until your tank is well established and you have some experience under your belt.

thanks i had planned on the butterfly being my last fish for that tank but i'll put a lot of thought into it

also on a side note does anyone know of a good online source for buying fish, or should i make the 3 hour drive to the nearest saltwater fish shop.. how would a fish do on a 3 hour drive back?

3 hours is a bit of a stressor for a fish in a bag/bucket. You may want to stick with online ordering. Agreed that LiveAquaria.com is a good starting point.

Back