Hi From Riverside, CA...

WiffleHouse

Reefing newb
Hey all, i've been creeping around here for some time now, and i still feel like i'm getting in way over my head. I'm tired of reading books, magazines, and forums, so now i'm ready to just jump in.

first thing, where does everybody find these killer deals??? i'm looking for a tank with a nice stand and hopefully/maybe a canopy that'll go along with my furniture. black or light/golden oak dont really match too well... and am i being a weirdo for not wanting something used??? everybody tells me craigslist, but im just not too thrilled about the idea of making what i consider to be an important purchase/decision by looking at a picture online. anybody know of a place in so cal where they stock hundreds of thousands of new tanks w/stands (i'll settle for 12ish).

thanks all for doing what you do.

-Carlos (1 of only 2 non spanish speaking mexicans in so cal (i married the other one))

howdy and welcome to the site..:D
I cant help with the stand either other then I always build my own stands to match the rooms the tanks go in.. never was one that liked the stock stands..

I got my 150g tank, canopy and stand from "Elliots for Pets" in Riverside several years ago. It was before they moved to their current location. When I ordered mine they were cheaper than most any other shop around and their supplier can customize the tank for you. For no extra charge I ordered a stand that was something like six inches taller.

thank you all. Chris, looks likes that shop opens up at 10 so i'm gonna go check it out, i've seen a few people review that shop and they've accused them of selling tattooed fish. i've never heard of that and i dont know how i feel about it, but i'll still check them out.

They closed? Dang. Its been about two years since Ive been there. I have been to Mystic Reef. For coral they are really great. Thats where I have gotten my best pieces. let the guy know its your first visit. He gave me a great deal on my first time because he wanted me to become a regular customer.

Last edited:
they're still there, they moved a few years back, but i was in there today. mystic reef is down the street for me, but those guys have weird hours, they open really late every day it seems... i've been in there a few times just looking around.

Back