Hi from Vero Beach, FL

gsusmaniac

Reefing newb
Well I am a new tank owner. I have always had a place in my heart for Saltwater tanks...every since I saw my teachers tank in the 6th Grade. I have tons to learn, and tons of question.

I photographed a friends reception and in payment, I received a set-up, but highly neglected, 30 gallon tank. I got it switched over to my house, put new sand it and got it set up. Now its growing...and quick. I got all kinds of little critters appearing. Including a crab that neither he nor I knew about.

So on with some pictures...I pretty much shot everything in my tank...but will make a thread in the identification topic for help with that...so here you go, my new family. :^:

A little barren yes...but soon will have a lot more rock!

DSC_0035.jpg

And here is my rocks- I assume all living since they are so colorful!

DSC_0064.jpg

This is Rocky, the Clown-

DSC_0056.jpg

And the Goby

DSC_0032.jpg

I got 3 or 4 of these little guys-

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0019-1.jpg

This is the little guy that appeared tonight-

DSC_0070.jpg

Then this is all the stuff growing on the rocks-

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

There is my intro...I am stoked to get this going...definitely something I am very into!

ERIK

That tank looks great! You are off to a fantastic start. I'll check out your ID thread to help out with what the critters are. PS -- that's a blenny, not a goby. Very similar.

Is that one of those aiptasia things on that one rock? I thought they were the opposite of Martha Steward, not a good thing....

Is that one of those aiptasia things on that one rock? I thought they were the opposite of Martha Steward, not a good thing....

Nope.Thats a type of cup coral.I cant remember the name right off top of my head though.

Back