Hiker's 75g Upgrade

Sorry, I only have 3 pics. With the fresh white frag rack it makes it really hard to get good pics. The rack is too bright under the lights. Here are a few pics.

002-17.jpg

003-10.jpg

001-13.jpg

Finally picked up the extra dirty 125g last night. I've got some cleaning to do, but it has no scratches, doesn't leak and I only paid $85. I might think about resealing it just to be sure. I'm also going to drill it and add a closed loop system. The 125g build thread will start in the late spring/early summer.

002-18.jpg

001-14.jpg

Nice! I will be looking foward to this. What are your plans for it?

Thanks! My plan is to do a mostly SPS dominated reef with a select few LPS and zoanthids. I'll have to weed out some of the frags I have now as I don't want this tank to be super crowed. I'll just have a few nice gems in there and leave some room for a few additional pick ups along the way.

I'm going to do pillar style with overhangs and bridges aquascape with PVC, zip ties and epoxy. Not sure if I'm going to go with sand or now as this tank is going to have lots of flow. I'm definitely going to drill it and also add a closed loop system.

It will be built into the wall so you can see the front and one side. The room I'll have it in will be quite a nice size and provide me plent of room for equipment. I'm also planning on adding mangroves since I can grow them tall and have no worries.

I'm also toying around with the idea using egg crate to make a wall in the back to attach frags to. I'd use that expanding foam, crushed coral and rubble rock. That's still way up in the air.

This is probably the last time I'll upgrade since I'm doing a build in so I want to go all our and do it right...a real jaw dropper.

Back