Hitch Hiker Crab?

Ted

Living one day at a time
I was looking at my tank tonight instead of sleeping and I came across what I think was a crab. It was light tan and fast..As soon as the light hit it it shot into a rock. Running sideways. No idea how it got in there. 90% of my rock I have had for years. 5% was dry base rock and 5% was some live rock I got at the store. So I have been looking and everything I read on hitch hiker crabs is bad...So now what? I know which rock it went into....Do I pull that rock and fresh water dip it? I did see some bristleworms and many pods (yay) was looking for those but what to do about this crab?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Caught this motherf@#$er eating my ric.....but I got him...
photo93.jpg

Umm...I have no idea what he was...I do know the first time i saw him he was nipping on a zoah and the second he was going after my ric....Luckily the ric is on a smallish rock. I just reached in and grabbed the rock. Took the ric off of the rock. Its place in a hole on the rock and flushed the crab with tap water...didnt make him leave..so...I speared him with a box cutter. After that he wasnt much good anymore. Originally I was thinking of having him in the fuge but oh well. Now I wonder if there are anymore...sigh...from what I have read on the net pretty much any hitch hiker crab is bad.

Not every hitchhiker is bad. If it has pointy claws then it is bad, but if they are more round then they are good. Pointy claws means it is a predator. :)

claws where definitely pointed plus I saw him take a chunk out of my ricordia mushroom and eat it.

Back