How do i get fish out??

Buy a shark. Just kidding

Maybe try to place a real big net in the tank and hold it there, then drop some pellets in the tank? Other than that, I have no idea. I'd start moving rock.

Buy a shark. Just kidding

Maybe try to place a real big net in the tank and hold it there, then drop some pellets in the tank? Other than that, I have no idea. I'd start moving rock.

lol, LFS guy said he knows a place that sells really really small hooks, i dont know if i wanna go back there

Cut the end of a 2 liter soda bottle. Put some rocks in it to hold it down on the bottom. Make sure the back of the bottle is higher. Put a chunk of frozen food in it and wait. When the fish you want swims to the back to get the food cover the hole with a net and you got the bad boy. I have caught a lot of fish this way. Works every time, You can also shave the barb off a ice fishing jig and use shrimp.

When Yote shows up he's gonna tell you the same thing. just knock the barb off the hook and go fishin'...But ya gotta understand..you show a hillbilly too many fish, and they're gonna want to go fishin'.

Cut the end of a 2 liter soda bottle. Put some rocks in it to hold it down on the bottom. Make sure the back of the bottle is higher. Put a chunk of frozen food in it and wait. When the fish you want swims to the back to get the food cover the hole with a net and you got the bad boy. I have caught a lot of fish this way. Works every time, You can also shave the barb off a ice fishing jig and use shrimp.

wow, thats a pretty good idea,

thanks... im gonna try that

The EASIEST method.Betts Fire Fly Shimmy Flies

And it wont hurt the fish,as long you either get barbless flies,or file the barbs off first.
Just remember that once the chromis are hooked,to gently net them and remove the hook with a set of hema-stats BEFORE bringing the fish out of the tank.

The EASIEST method.Betts Fire Fly Shimmy Flies

And it wont hurt the fish,as long you either get barbless flies,or file the barbs off first.
Just remember that once the chromis are hooked,to gently net them and remove the hook with a set of hema-stats BEFORE bringing the fish out of the tank.

uhm... forgive me...

hema-stats?

and im assuming i dont gotta bait the flies right??

sorry

This does work!...

Try multiple plastic fish traps.

These Bass Pro Shops 6'' Cutting Forceps

And no.The fly IS the bait.You just gotta tie it on some fishing line and go fishing.

I've caught SEVERAL problem fish out of my tank with a small fly,and have not once hurt the fish.Matter of fact,I've also hooked several of my fish that I had no intentions of catching.And everytime,they went right back to feeding like nothing even happened.

I've, unfortunately, actually seen my LFS guy 'fish' for a fish before - and it worked. The fly he was using was barbless but I can't fully speak to the fish' recovery since I didn't stay.

I've used a CPR in-tank refugium, submerged it, and used a turkey baster to get the fish out from behind the rocks and into the refuge.

Back