How Do you Run your Coralife Lunar AquaLights

jcg432

Reefing newb
General Census:

I just got a new set of Colife Lunar Aqualights and was wondeing how long all of you that have one run the antinics and the 10,000 K and the lunars.

I have the same light system
I both the 10,000 K and the Actinics from 6:30 in the morning to 8:30 at night
and then switch to the lunar lights from 8:30 at night to 6:30 in the morning

I have a digital power strip with built in timer made by coralife

Havent had any problems with over growth of algea and my corals seem to love it reaching full expansion at around 1 or 2 in the afternoon and then starting to retract at about 8pm or so and fully retracted by like 10pm

Brian

Last edited:
My actinics come on at 8:30 am go off at 10 Pm,then my 10k halides come on at 11am and go off at 8pm. This gives a bit of a dusk and dawn effect.

My moon light is on a photo cell that kicks on when all the other lights are off.

Hope this helps.

Just curious as to what coralife lunar setups you guys are running ? Also what is your tank size and what kinds of things do you have in the tanks .. I was looking at the coralife lunar for my 30" long bowfront .

I have a total of 130 watts 65 10000 K and 65 Actinic on a 30 gallon

I have mushroom coral, frogspawn and a bubble coral. They all are doing extreemely well. I wouldnt try SPS corals under this setup though.

Brian

Thank you bjohanson1234 .. That is really what I was wondering ..
Is there room to maybe add another MH spot or maybe a T-5 single strip in front or back to boost the lighting when and if I added the SPS's to my tank ? Having a real hard time finding something I really really like ... :-) That light had everything in it the actinics and the 10K's plus added bonus lunar lights ... I really want some lunar and the transition from the blue actnics to full sun will be great ... Homer ( damsel) is funny to watch when my flourescents kick on full in the morning .. I know it scares him .. He peeks out then backs back into the rock cover , peeks out then backs back in .. Is fun to watch but would like the transition phase to help reduce the stress :-)

thanks again for your input on the lights :-)

I also have a coralife pc with luner. I run my antics for one hr before the 10,000 k kicks in then one hr after they the 10,000 k goes out I keep them on a total of 9 hrs. then turn on the luners when they go out. I have a 20 gallon tank.

yeah you can have them come on separatly since they all have separate switches and power cords

Not really much room to add anything unless you have a canopy and can add on to that

Brian

I guess I will get the MH lights or T-5's to start with .. :-)
Just have to wait till late rin the process caue I need a skimmer bbefore anything else :-) thanks :-)

Back