how do you

dustin_P74

Reef enthusiast
clear up the water. when you get up close to the water it has little particles floating everywhere that looks like it may be salt or sand. but my question is, is there anywhere to clear the water up ill try and get a pic if i can.

what kind of physical filtration are you using? floss, filter sock, foam pad? a lot of the larger particles can be cleaned up using a good physical filtration

-Doc

agree with all the above
I have the canister filter for that very reason
It constantly runs Carbon and a Floss style filter sock
There is a detrus filter i run for a few hours after i do water changes
that really polishes the water good.

get some physical filtration and your water will not have the big floating particles anymore

-Doc

right. that is the stuff the physical filter picks up. big to me means you can see it in the water column

-Doc

You can get some filter floss at the LFS.Just figure out a way to set up a drip tray to lay the floss on,so the the water flows through it.

I hadnt yet Fishfan.But Cobb county is only a couple of hours south of me.
There one in Marietta called Cappuccino Bay,that I'd like to visit.Just got to get enough free time.

cap bay is right down the road from me and i have heard alot of great things about them. havent gone there yet but i go to marine reef and fish which is on the same road and from what i have read they have some of the best live stock in the area

i was acttully thinking of buying some fine filter floss, does it acttuly get all the tiny particals out of the water???and do u put it below the carbon or on top???

I like to put it first so it gets a chance to pick up as much stuff was possible before hitting the carbon that I have to pay to replace. Seems to make the carbon last a bit longer

-Doc

Back