how does this look.....

another quick question about the plumbing..........
I am using pcv to do all the plumbing..... what do I do when I run the return back to the tank. Use 2 90's to make a hook and keep it about 3 inches under the water????

another quick question about the plumbing..........
I am using pcv to do all the plumbing..... what do I do when I run the return back to the tank. Use 2 90's to make a hook and keep it about 3 inches under the water????

I dont see any reason that wouldnt work.Just be sure to either use a check valve or drill a small hole (1/8") just under the water line.Or even better,both.
That way if the power goes out,you dont drain that 3 inches of water back to the sump.

cool... thanks ! I am going to use the check valve and drill the holes. better safe then sorry.
Here are a couple more pics of the sump. Finished it up today. Will water test on Weds.
sumpbuild2005.JPG

sumpbuild2003.JPG

sumpbuild2002.JPG

another silly question !!!!

When I go to fill up the tanks, Which one do I fill first and How do I set the water level in the sump ????
My sump baffles are 11 inces high for the skimmer section the return section and the fuge section.
:grumble:

well we had a leak in the sump with one divider. Plus one divider was bowing. I think I will pull them apart cut them down to maybe 7 or 8 inches high. They are 11 inches right now and I think it might be too high. I might leave the fuge area that high to hold more water but the skimmer and return I will cut down. So back to the drawing board. :grumble:

ALSO can I use any 100% silicone or just aquarium silicone which I used the 1st time around ?????

100% will do the job.
All my baffles bow a little bit.Maybe 1/8".They dont really have to water tight either,at mines not and it dont cause any problems.

i cut down the baffles to 7 inches in the skimmer section and will re-silicone tomorrow. What a pain to remove that shyte !!!!! :o)

i cut down the baffles to 7 inches in the skimmer section and will re-silicone tomorrow. What a pain to remove that shyte !!!!! :o)

Thats what my wife says when she washes my work pants.:mrgreen:
Shouldnt be that bad on glass though.With a good sharp razor blade.Just figured out that last years old broadhead blades work great for cleaning chores.:D

CLASSIC YOTE !!!!! Love the pic !!! I actually made it out on opening day this year here in Jersey 9-13-08 and it was like freakin 90 degrees !!!! LOL

second try on the sump is going good. I changed the size to 7 inches and re-silicomed. Will water test tomorrow !!

90 degrees makes it tough to sit in the stand.Pretty much a waste of time except right at daylight and dark.Opens here this weekend and I gotta work all weekend.

Hope the sump test goes better this time around.

Back