how many fish can i put in a 75g

im thinking of getting a 75 g...or a 90g...but if i get the 90g i need to buy a bigger light and filters....i think im go with the 75g but how many fish can i put in the 75g...

If you want tangs or other free swimming fish go with the 90 gal. I know the cost is more on start up but you will never regret a larger tank. In saltwater it really is true. The bigger the better.

ok...i see...i think im go with the 75..and put about 7 fish in there...like two tangs..and some small fish...thanks guys

in my 60, ive got about 9 fish, quite a bit, but they are not agressive, it really depends on whatk ind of fish you want. If you give us a list, we can tell you what would be appropriate for your tank. Tangs need large tanks, 75 isnt enough, or I would have a yellow tang in my 60g XD

I personally would not keep 1 tang in a 75,but there are people who keep 3 in a 90 with great success(How,IDK),which BTW has the same dims as a 75,just a bit higher.. Everyone will have different opinions on this,but you'll have to do what you think is best,and what you think you are capable of doing..Not everyone has the same experience and luck as others

there are people who keep 3 in a 90 with great success(How,IDK),which BTW has the same dims as a 75,just a bit higher..

Like me!

Some tangs stay small, and some tangs are pretty peaceful with other tangs. It depends on which fish you choose. It can be done in a 75.

20-25 if you are Biff

7-8 if you are a mere mortal like the rest of us.

Hahaha! I remember, when I had my old 55, I had 13 fish in it. That's when I knew it was time for an upgrade. So I upgraded to a 240. And I had about 30 fish in that (which is probably not overstocked for that size tank, especially since many of them were small like a school of chromis and anthias). Now in my 90, I have 14 (I think).

Back