How many Koralias for my 120G?

BuddaTurk

Turk of Budda
I am ordering some goodies for my 120G and I am trying to figure out how many/kind Koralias I need for my 120G reef tank.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
BT

it depends on how much flow you want in your tank, in my 120 i have 1 koralia 4 in there right now which gives me and addtional 10x turn over rate, but im going to put atleast two more in there. but its really all about what you want, but if you do get them get the 4's since those are rated at 1200ghp

what are wanting to put in your tank? sps, lps, softies, fish only? if sps i recommend atleast 30x gph of your tank size so 3600gph thats 3x koralia 4's.

My guestimate is two model 3's for softies tank,three model 3's for LPS and four model 3's for SPS dominate tank.I prefer the model 3's size over the larger 4's.Out of water,both look small enough but in water the 4's look especially gigantic.I would go with Newbs recommendation if you're going with the 4's.Three 4's for SPS dominate,two 4's for everything else.

In my 125 I have 2-3sin the front and 2-1s in the back. It gives me good flow thruout the tank and about 20x's turnover

In my 240, I have six #3s. I agree with what Freak says, and if I were you, I'd go with 4 of them, placed along the back wall.

Four #3's, one in each corner. None pointed at the surface. With that much flow the added flow at the surface will not be needed and therefore a waste. Or place the front two heads aroond the middle of the side walls. Bounce currents flows off each other and walls of tanks etc. Turbulent flow not laminar, even with the wide mouth of the Koralia.

Back