How many times a week do you have to go in to your tank?

How many times a week do you have to get your hands wet?

• 10 or greater

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • 8-9

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • 5-7

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • 3-5

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Less then once a week.

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
BriOnH said:
My porcupine puffer loves to be pet. Often I pet him from above the water where he meets air and I meet a little water. When I am in the tank he always brushes up against my arm and fingers. He loves it.

This is similar to the behavior of my leopard puffer, in his 10g FO tank.

He is trying to eat you :mrgreen:

I have to go into mine at least once a day if not more. Stupid turbo snails are always doing something dumb. If it's not knocking the heater off the back glass or getting their shell wedged between a powerhead and the glass(obnoxious buzzing noise), they are knocking something else in the tank over. One was actually holding the rock my brand new button polyps were on in it's mouth and spinning it around upside down to eat the algae!!! I really need to trade those guys in for differant snails huh? If it were'nt for them I would probably be in my tank maybe 2 times per week at the most.

God help me. I did'nt want to post this because:
a) I have my winter fat - it will be gone in 4 weeks. So emberassing. Please go here for videos of how I normally look! BriOnH TV
b) My puffer was a bit stressed due to the water change but while I was in there he was really friendly so I decided to tape it - once the taping started i think he could sense something was different. Here is the promised video from saturdays water change. I'll post a better one, with a smaller tummy!!! (its so gross.) And hopefully next time he will behave for me.

http://www.diabuddies.com/brionh/petporcupine.mov

I think I am going to do water changes weekly-biweekly. Right now the tank looks GREAT from saturdays clean and water change.

Last edited:
Adrastos said:
You know - you could have just worn a shirt...
Usually I have a 6 pack, I know that's hard to believe, so I didn't even think about it. sorry :( . The less clothing while cleaning the tank the better imo. Just try to look at the fish!

Back