How much livestock for a 10 gallon?

Stangman

Reefing newb
Well I was getting convinced that my aquarium had cycled so I put in a bit more cured live rock. So I have about 8-9 lbs of live rock, and 10 lbs of live sand.

There are about 5 hermit crabs (1 larger one) in there, with 3 snails (1 larger one), and random things from the live rock (Small tiny starfish, tubeworms, and bristleworms).

I was thinking of adding 1 emerald crab, 1 fish, and 1 'cleanup fish' that is yet undecided. Is this too much? I guess it's mostly invertabrates in there, so I'm not sure?

Thanks!

Make sure it is a fish that's OK (and going to be happy!) in a small tank, obviously, and be sure to keep on top of your water parameters. Such a small tank can quickly change if something dies and isn't caught right away.

Example of what dying? I was told in my other post to leave the dead things as food? I mean, obviously not a fish, but....

Example of what dying? I was told in my other post to leave the dead things as food? I mean, obviously not a fish, but....

You won't have anything in your tank other than a fish that is big enough to cause problems when dying.

if you get a sea urchin or star or something then that could cause a problem but in a small tank you wouldn't want anything big that can only sift the sand bed for food or browse algae anyways.

A little hermit or worm or something is no biggie. the rest of your CUC will take care of it

Back