i drilled 1/4" holes 3/8" on center then cut them in half
1124130821.jpg

another angle
1124130822.jpg

the back side
1124130823.jpg

up and over
1124130824.jpg

i wanted to drill my tank but it is tempered glass so i couldnt and after seeing how much HOB's cost i made my own this is the third one and i works really it can everything my 1000 gal return pump can give it and more. hope the pix help

Ok, I wasn't aware that you were working with an undrilled tank. I'm thinking I just put two bulkheads in the two holes I have in there and build me a box like the one that you posted that's on eBay except that I may put a sort of splitter in the middle to support the front of it so that the weight of the water against it doesn't cave it in. The water should flow into the box up to the bottom of the hole in the bulkhead and down through the plumbing that I'll have in there to the sump.

Ok, I wasn't aware that you were working with an undrilled tank. I'm thinking I just put two bulkheads in the two holes I have in there and build me a box like the one that you posted that's on eBay except that I may put a sort of splitter in the middle to support the front of it so that the weight of the water against it doesn't cave it in. The water should flow into the box up to the bottom of the hole in the bulkhead and down through the plumbing that I'll have in there to the sump.

I don't have any experience with a drilled tank but I believe if you do it that way it's will be noisy, it will sound like a toilet constantly running.

the notches on the front i what i wanted you see how thick of acrylic are you working with if its 1/4" or heavier you wont need a center support

Ok, watched that video. So what I'm getting from it is I can put one 90 degree elbow up in one of the holes and the other one facing down and I should be set as far as inside the tank plumbing goes? Should I still use bulkheads or go with the nipple pieces/gaskets that were in the video?

use the bulkheads the one pointing down put a gate valve on it so you can make it a full sifin and the one pointing up is your back up

So I'm thinking I should just do two durso's, the exception being one internal 90 degree elbow will face up and the other down and I'll be putting valves on the one pointing down.

Back