How to stop my bad clown?

Nonfamous

Reefing newb
Is there any, nice, way to stop my mean clown fish from nipping at me every time I work on the tank? I know it doesn't hurt when he nips me, but it makes me jump every time! I wish he would just leave me alone while I worked. I tried chasing him, but he either stands his ground or comes right back.

This may sound mean, but it works MOST of the time.
Flip him on the tip of his nose. It may stun him for a few seconds,but it wont hurt him. After a few times,they usually learn not to nip.

Is it a maroon clown? We have a buddy with 2 of them.. one is MASSIVE and it does the same thing! We have to ocellaris' they're small and nice :)

I'm with yote. Flick him right in the nose. Not too hard... but he'll get it.

Hannah also says if you wear something shiny (a ring or a bracelet) when you have your hands in the tank they'll go after that instead of your flesh.

I'm with yote. Flick him right in the nose. Not too hard... but he'll get it.

Hannah also says if you wear something shiny (a ring or a bracelet) when you have your hands in the tank they'll go after that instead of your flesh.

LOL Mine attack my rings and nothing else, I have a pair of Maroons, but they only attack if I get near thier anemones

My oscellaris used to do that too and I tried to ignore it as much as I can.
Now he knows that the "strange fish with five protrusions" is not to be trifled with.

The funny thing is that if I wear different color gloves than the usual green, he headbutts my hand again.

I used to have the exact same thing... Added my Yellow Tang... He is my defender haha, he circles my hand and chases the clown.

Back