hyponutrients

does this even exist? all of my corals have their sweeper tentacles out all day long. they close up at night after light have been off for about 2hrs. this goes with sps, lps, nems. I am not running any leathers. for filtration I use protein skimmer, 100micron 7inch filter sock(changed 2x-3xs per week, and filter floss (changed 1x per week) and uv clarifier running@450gph. I reduced my w/c's to 2 5g changes a week instead of every other day. my fish seem like I never feed them and the corals the same.i have good growth.... I believe on all corals. ANY input would be great!

I do not believe in super filtration i.e. filtering out all particles. Filter feeders need those particles. Super filtered, crystal-clear water certainly does look beautiful though. Different filter feeders need different particle sizes. I've seen great growth with my clams. I filter with API Filstar XP Filter Super Micro-Filtration Pads and carbon. I intentionally stir up detritus once or twice a week but not too much.

Also. UV will kill all of the phyto-plankton and corals and filter feeders need that. I would only use UV if the water is turning green.

Back