I am having a hard time!!

Teixeira29

Live Rock Fish only
I want to get another saltwater fish tank. I would like it tall not wide. Does anyone know a good website? I cant really find a good website to find one. If anyone knows a good website it would be greatly appreciated!!

http://glasscages.com/

They ship or you can look at the tab delivery schedule and look if they'll be in the area for a show and pick it up there. I see they'll be in Boston don't know how far that is from you. There might be a closer place just look through it.

The have tank sizes or will custom make a tank for you.

If you intend on keeping certain corals, you will need more powerful lighting in a taller tank, which equals more money spent..............SORRY, I just seen this is in the fish only area

Last edited:
a standard 40 gal tank will have more water surface area on top for gas exchange & heat dissipation than a 40 gal tall which will be longer but not as wide(front to back)as the standard. deep reef tanks need more intense lighting as stated above, more lights, more heat, more cost, more electricity, however, if you want a tall tank (display tank), make sure it is at least 18 Inches wide front to back. good luck, keep us updated.

I have a 45 tall. Hate it, especially when having to rescue one of the overturned turbos at the bottom of the tank. I got a pair of long tongs, but I still can't reach the bottom without getting my whole hand wet. Plus it's a pain to get just the right water flow at the bottom.

Back