I got more goodies today.

Melonbob

Reef enthusiast
But now I'm not so sure. I picked up some leathers, a torch, a porcelain crab, a tuxedo urchin (always wanted one). Now the kicker....an anemone. Not a bubble tip either, but a sebae. The price was too good and I couldn't resist. Now I'm reading about them and I'm all freaked out. He's only under about 5w/gallon t5's. Now the lfs I travelled to has an excellent reputation, in fact most locals make the 1.5 hr drive to go there as opposed to the lfs here. I told him my tank was 6 mths old, and he said I could go for it if my parameters are excellent, which they are, my numbers haven't moved at all in the 5 mths since cycle. He also insisted he prefers sebae to the bubble tip, in fact he had a bubble tip there, but we chose the sebae because he said he finds them easier. Now I read here the survival rates are abysimal. I really don't think he is trying to gouge me, like I said, hes the shop of choice and everyone swears by him. I looks fine, and did the trip well, other than hes white and I read that isn't good either.....well I guess I'll keep an eye on it and if things go ugly, he'll get tossed.....my other finds were great though and he dealt well like he always does for us. I'll post pics when everything opens up.

Sound like you got some cool stuff. I have a porcelain crab and just love him. What type of leathers did you get? They're some of my favorites. I know you'll be warned from others about the anemone. Just keep a good eye on it.

Congrats on the new buys, post pics. As for the anemone, those T5 lights will be sufficient (I kept a bubble tip under 4 wpg T5), but you are right about them still having abysmal survival rates. Let's hope it does well.

Are we gonna have to start sending out bills for pics?
Congrats on the new corals and critters.
Just feed the anemone every 3 to 4 days with some mysis,a small piece of silverside or table shrimp.I'm confident you'll can keep it alive and thriving.

Back