I got my first SPS!

Alexander

Reef enthusiast
Went to the LFS yesterday to see if my fish I have on order showed up. It didn't so did I leave empty handed? NO! Picked up this Idaho Grape montipora. Why this coral? Hell I live in Idaho why not? Gotta represent.

IdahoGrape.jpg

You think so? I have coralline growth like nobodys business and I dose the tank with aragamilk weekly.

Yeah,I think so,Cause I think you'll get the SPS bug and start stocking em,they'll start growing,and the aragamilk wont be able to keep up whan you 100+ colonies goind:D

See yote that's where you are wrong my friend. Before I get the sps bug you have to realize I'm running vho lights and not even with reflectors. I would have to upgrade my lighting before I could catch some major sps bugs. And 72in lights are spendy!

See yote that's where you are wrong my friend. Before I get the sps bug you have to realize I'm running vho lights and not even with reflectors. I would have to upgrade my lighting before I could catch some major sps bugs. And 72in lights are spendy!

You got more will power than I do then:D

I'm kinda reluctant to bring this up, since I don't want to go all Debbie Downer on you, but I'm concerned about the phosphate levels in your tank affecting the new coral because you have so much hair algae.

Biff we will see how it goes. I'm attacking the algae with magnesium to see how that works and also really getting into more frequent water changes and got rid of all bio media and added more liverock... So we are hopin the algea goes away

Back