I killed my GSP...

Picasso

Seahorse Whisperer
Stella totally won't open up. I think I killed her. Too many changes too soon. All my numbers are good, my temp didn't change. The other corals and the fish are doing great. I can't believe I managed to kill the easiest coral out there. I'm wondering if I should take everything else back to my LFS and let him hold them for me until I work this out. Grrrrrrrrr......

Catherine

Calm down a bit Catherine:D Sometimes when we make changes,it pisses the corals off for a few days.Just keep an eye on your parameters,and let things settle back down.I'd about bet that Stella is just fine.

OH, you think???? Thanks, yote! I sure hope you're right!

Catherine

I've seen it a hundred times(helping at the LFS).90% of the time,the coral will opened right back up within 3 or 4 days.
When ever you change anything,and I mean ANYTHING,Things may seem just like they were before.But there are always little subtle differences that kinda keep stuff in the not so happy phase for a while.

Mine were closed for the first 3 days before they opened up, and some days they open 1/2 way, others all the way. I've only had GSP for a month, they just seem to me like the kind of coral that change constantly. I'd take Yote's advice on this, he knows what's up

THANKS! they kind of half-way opened, I'll give them a few days to pout about sharing their tank!

Catherine

I added a fish and a zoo yesterday. Also, I added a couple of mushroom frags on Monday. I've been adding RO water daily but yesterday I added some salt water to bring my saline level up a bit. She came half-way out for a while but closed up again when a crab walked on her.

Catherine

Okay,I was just curious.I don't see anything that you did that could of kill the GSP.Although,six months from now you wish they did.

I'd be shocked to see that killed it. I'll bet it's fine. If anything touches it they close up and they tend to take a while to open back up again. Unless you REALLY mess things up GSP is hard to take out. I'd relax and watch it open back up in a day. :)

Thanks, it didn't open at all today, it opened half-way yesterday but pulled back in when the crab walked on it. Everything else in my tank is doing great. I hope she's ok. Thanks for the advice.

Catherine

Back