I need a bigger sump...

Ctimpson

Reefing newb
I am looking for an aquarium with dimensions anywhere from 36" to 48" long x no more than 13.5" in width x no more than 19" in height... Tank cannot have any overflows or anything... I am using this tank for a sump for my 135... If it is already a sump tank, then even better... If anyone has anything similar to this or knows where I can find something like this please post your thoughts... Thanks in advance guys...

that sounds like a standard 55 gallon tank to me. The question is whether it will fit under your tank with the DT on it. I ran into that problem and had to cut out a hunk of wood from a support beam in the perfecto stand I have for my 125. I could only fit a 20 gallon in there even with the modification.

-Doc

I think a standard 55g is 21'' tall,so its to tall for what your looking for.Look what they have at the LFS,Petsmart etc.

So what size do you have now?
You could always build an acrylic sump,if your handy.Melev has some plans on his website.

Alright...Here's a different idea... Basically I need to put a fuge in my system... The tank I am using as a sump is a 30 gallon glass show tank 36x11x17... I could go as high as 21", but I don't think I could ever get my skimmer out with the baffles in the 55 gallon... Wouldn't I have to take the skimmer out in order to clean it? I could continue to use the 30 gallon, if I was to drill it and add a 29 gallon inline as a fuge... Right now I am using a Mag18 as a return... Could I still use this if I decided to run everything in a closed system... Anyone know if you can mod a EuroReef RS80 to run plumbed instead of using it in the sump?

Yes,you will need to remove the skimmer to be cleaned.That why I never use my 75g. on my 210.It fit,but there was no way to remove the skimmer for those just in case situations.

Having a sump and a separate refugium will work to.Thats pretty much how mine is ran.My mag 24 feeds the fuge and returns to the DT.Sorry,don't know anything about the Euroreef.

Back