I think i got a free baby anenome :)

Jmck

Reef enthusiast
fishi512.jpg

What do you guys think? this little green thing is a free baby anenome?

Looks like Majano, a known pest for aquariums. You can kill it with some Joes Juice or Aiptasia-X. Once eradicated you can keep them from appearing by getting a peppermint shrimp. They're not always a 100% solution but they work more times than not

If your talking about the green thing,thats a Gelaxia ( yeah I know I spelled it wrong :grumble: ) coral.

coralo.jpg

sorry i didnt get it here earlier, it was about 1am when i made the other post lol.

thanks for your help, i hope it is a coral in the end :)

Thats awesome :D im quite happy its no pest in my tank.Its quite small at the moment, how long does it take for a peice of coral to grow to a respectable size?

and as I have no corals, I havent got any food for them, should I start looking at corals and buying some food as well? or will this one survive without specific food for now?

As long as you have the proper lighting (which you must, if the polyps are extended like that), you won't absolutely need to feed it, and I wouldn't feed something that small anyway with the risk of building up nutrients. If it gets bigger you can feed it zooplankton, or even use a pair of tongs to put some mysis near it and let the coral grab it.

Thanks solar :) I do have the proper lighting for corals, just waiting for my tank to be ready for them.

Just wanted to say thanks for the post jmck :) I have the same thing in my tank and they are growing. I just could not get my camera to focus in right. The picture came out all blurry :(

Thanks for the help!!

no probs, it was hard even with my slr to get that photo because its so small and my lens is not meant for taking photos of such small items. :)

After looking at the close up its looking less like Galaxia and more like a Majano Anemone?
Here is a pic of a Green Majano:
If it is a Majano they spread fast and could become a problem b/c their reproduction rate.

It does have a mouth in the center (I don't think Galaxea has that)

But it has white tips :question:

Never seen a 'baby' torch coral b4 idk. :squint:

Back