Id needed hopefully with out a pic

Fastlight

Semper FI
I was checking out my live rock last night and btw there is an absolute ton of stuff going on there!!:bounce::^: Snails.. ampihpods(i believe tiny fast semi clear shrimp looking things) and a few bristle worms. But i saw something last night and is still there tonight. its in the back of the tank in one of the holes of the rock. I happened to peel back my background just to look there.

I cant tell if what i am seeing is the whole body or not. because it looks like the rest of it could be in the hole. But from what i see it is almost heart shaped. Very lite tan in color and with black specks on the body. At first I thought it was part of the rock but at its point (like the bottom of the heart) it opens and closes an 1/8th in every once in a while. The whole critter is a little smaller than a dime in size. also at the point looks like little hairs are protruding. ive tried finding out what this is but cant find anything.

its by far he most interesting thing ive found:mrgreen:

nope not a tunicate but the picture directly below it looks like it. Its a barnicle. If you look at the picture in the link the inner circle of the barnicle is exactly what i was describing. hmmm barnicle who woulda thought. thanks for the link reef thats the one ive been lokking for

Back