Ignitus or Dispar anthias?

FishyReef

Broke Reefer!
Has anyone tried either species? I know both are on the difficult spectrum, and I'm leaning towards the dispar as I think their coloration is more pronounced, but wanted to see what experiences here were. I had been leaning towards the squareback, but am having trouble finding a male, think the color might fade under my LEDs, and think my RVFW might really take issue with a male due to color similarities (as it is, the RVFW may find himself in time out while I acclimate any new anthias to my tank). Also, I'm wondering how many I should get? I was thinking 4, as 1 may turn male and I may lose some given their level of difficulty. Hoping if I get 4 that at least 2 will survive long term. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! My poor tank needs some more activitiy in it!

They are beautiful, but their metabolism has kept me away, I can feed once a day.. sure thats easy, 2x... I probably can fit that in, but from what I have read these guys need feed 3x a day, I would have to buy an automatic feeder to ensure that type of care personally.

Back