I'm new here!

McCrary

Always Learning
Hey guys,

I heard about this forum through Sarah (Bifferwine) and thought that I would come check it out. My name is Matt and I am a college student at the University of Arizona.

I forgot to post my equipment, so I will do it now.

*Lee-Mar Starphire 110 gallon tank
*30 gallon sump/fuge
*H&S 200-1260 skimmer
*GEO calcium reactor
*2 x 250 watt Ushio 10K metal halides
*2 x 54 watt Giesemann 420nm actinics
*Aquacontroller Jr. with DC8
*Pinpoint pH monitor
*Eheim 1262 return
*Two Little Fishes phosban reactor running rowaphos/rowacarbon

Its good to be here, bifferwine is in my reef club and she told me she was a moderator here, so I thought I would come check it out.

Hey simpleman, my filtration setup is mainly the H&S 200-1260, which is a pretty wicked skimmer. The water drains through my overflow and into a filter sock in my sump. Then the skimmer gets a crack at the water. The water is then pumped into the fuge which uses a DSB for nitrate control and macros to help with the nutrients. Thats about it, lol. Oh, I forgot to post add my Tunze streams to my equipment list. I use 2 Tunze 6100's on a 7095 for flow, that whips the water in the tank pretty well as each powerhead puts out about 3200gph. As for beer, my favorite is probably Arrogant Bastard and I will drink about any other that is put in front of me.

I really like the AC Jr., its been a big help with my reef tank. The thing I like most about it is that I can turn my CO2 off and on for the reactor. It also takes care of my heater so I don't have to worry about it getting stuck on and cooking my fish.

Thanks,I've been wanting to get one but can't stop myself from buying corals and fish to save enough money.Biff and Dr. Marco makes it even harder,buying new fish and corals all the time.

Lol, I was in our LFS the other day and Sarah came in. She was telling me about all the stuff that she had been buying for her tank and I couldn't believe it. But her tank has a LOT more room than mine, lol. I used to buy a lot of coral and fish when I had my old 11o, but they never did really well and I would always lose some. So I got a tank with the equipment that I thought would allow me to keep anything and it seems to have paid off. I no longer have issues keeping anything and my livestock stays healthy and active. Its amazing how resilient coral is when your water is good, a buddy of mine had a acropora nanae that was out of water for over 3 hours and it survived being fragged and put in my tank. My old tank had trouble keeping frogspawn and such, they didn't die but never seemed to thrive.

I have had their IPA, it is an awesome beer. Hey, I see you are from Sac, I am from Burlingame and went to Jesuit in Carmichael. I used to row crew on Lake Natomas, lot of history in that area.

Back