Im still here

why thank you Mr. Moderator now with that being said i think i am almoset ready i just need someone to explain one more thing to me.

how do the reverse osmosis process work and should i get it for my tank?

Sorry I have gone a couple of days.I hope you did not get the Jebo lights.I had the 24" set.They are wiring nightmare from the beginning.You will have open the up and rewire them from the get go to keep the on/off switch functioning.The odyssey are pretty decent though.I live close to aquatraders the manufacture jebo/odyssae so I paid a little more more odyssae.I used it for 7 months and my friend is still using it.So if you only can spend $100 try this one.
http://www.aquatraders.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=13
You will be able to keep softies(zoo's,and mushrooms)Maybe and more easier LPS coral
If you can do $300 this light would let keep what ever coral you like
http://www.aquatraders.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=15
For nice coral you really cant skimp to much on the lighting.Check out the second link it is a great price

I have posted an article on RO water. if you need more on the subject let me know. good luck. I will be using a spetra pure 5 stage on my system. RO/DI with a whole house pre-filter and 2 stages of DI. I will also filter out copper at the beginning as my water pipes are copper. but, an RO system with pressure gauge to tell you when the membrane needs replacing is well worth the investment. just remember that RO water should be reconstituted by using a product such as OSMO PREP by Kent Marine to set up a base for mixing your saltwater makeup. This is overlooked by many hobbist and will replenish the needed minerals that are filtered out. Then when the salt is mixed you will have a well balance salt mix that will maintain ph and alkalinity. hope this helps.

i read the article and thanks for the explaination. now i have some other questions that i thought about:

1. does the RO/DI need to be wired to the sink or can sit it next to the tank?

2. as far as the GPD produced, if i can set it up next to the tank do i just plug it up the day before the water change or keep it plugged in at all times?

3. should i hang the protein skimmer on the back of the tank or put it in the wet/dry?

Either location is acceptable, however, hanging on back of tank and pulling directly from tank and back in is the most efficient way to do it. my setup will have 4 protien skimmers all in the sumps or refuge system. now for the books, if you are going to keep sea anemones the following three books should give you enough information to set up, feed, and care for in addition to identify what you have:

1. Sea Anemones by TFH Publications, Inc.
2. Anemone Fishes (and their host sea anemones) Daphne Fautin & Gerald Allen ISBN 0 7309 8365 x
3. Clownfishes by Joyce Wilkerson ISBN 1-890087-04-1

hope this helps

Back