info on RO/DI unit

lockkeeper69

Reefing newb
I want to buy a RO and or RO/DI unit. I am not sure what ones perform the best. Also, how would these be installed? Most provide GPD to reference output. Do these store water in a tank and you draw from that tank? or do you simply install them and they produce water as you need it.

I have a 120 gallon tank. I would assume the RO/DI units would make great drinking water too. I would have daily consumption along with weekly water changes.

Any help on what unit would work the best, what perameters to look at, how to install, how they work would be great.

i have the duel output 6 stage ro/di from purewaterclub.com it has a small storage tank. but you hook it to your house water line. on ,ine one line goes to the sink and this one bypasses the di filter and the other line runs to my fish tank and holding tank. which once full shuts off that side of the unit and the pressure tank is used mainly for the drinking side works out pretty good

well from what i've read, and been told by both pure water club and a couple other distributers, is to check your supply water pressure first, this way you know if you need a booster pump or not... in my case, i do, so i know to factor that into the cost of the unit before i spend the first dime.

Back