Intro

Lincoln

Reefing newb
Hi everyone :bowdown:
I started with a pond (2000lts) and a few carp, this escalated to 35 koi upto 18" long!
I then moved on to the tyropical with a 720 lts hexagon tank then 2 small cold water tanks then 2 fluval edge marine tanks (very difficult ) and now a 200 lts marine tank
It's a full time job :shock:
Q1 I have a trigger fish in my 200ltr tank can I introduce another ?

Q2 my tropical tank turned cloudy green over night, I mean you couldn't see in it and a was loosing fish, I saved most to another tank ! But what causred this ?

Thank you

Welcome to the site!

I don't think you can. Your tank is a 55g? I'm not even sure that's big enough for the one you have, but even if it were, adding another one might be too much.

A tropical freshwater tank? Sounds like an algae bloom. Maybe something died? It would help if you posted parameters.

It would be fine for a number of smaller less aggressive fish... however that tank isn't big enough for any of the triggers.

So we are saying my 3inch trigger needs 500 Lt tank !!!! I assume you have adopted the same principle !!! The statistics say I can keep 14 inch's off fish!!!

Maybe your comments are only based on your opinion and not statistics ,,,,

No, my opinions are based off of the collective years of experienced hobbiest that came before me. To do well, those triggers need large tanks. They are very active fish.

Think of it this way, i can put a wolf in my garage. It will have room to move about, but it will never do well in that situation. They need a huge space for proper health and happiness.

And i have no idea where you got that statistic, but the best and most accurate one out there is 1 small fish for every 10 gallons (or 40ish L). A trigger wont count as a small fish, he is at least 2 or 3. And he might be 3 inches now, but he will double in size in 6 months

Lincoln, everyone here is very experienced, and as you can see very helpful, and now little_fish has tried to help you out, you tell her she is wrong?
Slightly rude bud. Just saying.

Back