Is 70 inches of fish in a 10 gallon overcrowded?

Its kind of funny cuz they almost seem like they are trying to chase my serpent star out of his cave. I think they want to move in!

LOL. very likely. Clowns are bully. Wherever they think they want, they take.

That's good to know. I know some clowns never spawn but if they're acting like that then it gives me hope =) I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed. I know it can take forever.

Yea, mine started doing that only a few weeks after I got them and they were probably only 6-8 months old. They keep acting like that for a year and half and they finally spawned.

Do you have other fish with your clowns or are they the only ones in the tank? Cuz right now they're the only ones but I do want to be able to add more and hopefully they will still want to spawn later on down the road.

They were at my main tank the longest time with 10+ other fish. I had to move the clowns off to a separate tank after they started spawning since the tangs kept bothering them and try to eat their eggs. The mommy clown had some big fight with them and got bitten at the body. Instead of orange color, it was white at the bitten area. It was pretty bad.

Oh no! Well maybe I'll wait to add a few more fish. See if they decide they want to do anything. If not then I'll put a goby in there or something. That's good to know tho. And I'm glad she's ok now.

With a 55g, I think you should be fine having them with other fish. When fish are breeding, i don't think it matters on what kind of fish they are and they'll be super aggressive on protecting their young/eggs and all.

I did something kinda mean to them today. :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64cE4FL2BdM&hd=1&t=8s]‪38 Days Old Juvenile Clown Fish‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Well, I did actually feed them after the video though. :D

Back