Is my tank cycling again????

Crabdaddy

Reefing newb
I have two clowns and a small clean up crew. Just ordered more cuc from ReefCleaners. I am getting what I believe are diatoms, but I tried to get them off the LR by touching a sucking off but couldn't remove it, so maybe it's not. My best guess is I'm over feeding so I will adjust that. I have not lost a fish yet and dont want to this week. Also, I have had the tank running for almost 2 months and with fist for 1 month.

My readings are:

PH 8.2 (Pretty Normal)
Ammonia .25-.5 (Normally 0)
Nitrite 0 (Normally 0)
Nitrate 5.0-10.0 (Normally 0)

I just did a 15% water change and will be doing another tomorrow. Any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks

Last edited:
It looks like you are going through a mini cycle, the best thing you can do is keep doing water changes. Also, i would try and identify why you are having the mini cycle.

+1 lil fish.. Water changes will help. Hopefully the fewer feedingso will help. What are you feeding, and how often, and do you use tap water?

I have 2 clowns and feed them every afternoon. Some days they tear into it and other not so much. Yes I use tap and use the chlorine remover.

Thanks

Switching to ro/di water will help a whole lot...tap water has many nutrients in it that cause algae issues.

I received my 25 gallon CuC from reefcleaners.com and WOW where there alot of little fellas in there. I woke up this morning and 1/3 or more of my diatoms were gone. I'll try and repost in a week and let you know if this has completly resolved my issues.

Thanks everyone

Back