is she okay

tank is like 2.5 months old

amonia 0

nitrites 0

nitrates stable at 20

ph 8.0

salanity 1.023

i just added a ten gallon sump maybe shes stressed from that?

everyone else in the tank is fine the other clown is perfect condition the black mouth chromis
fine and the wrasse perfectly untouched their just going on like nothing has happened its only her

Last edited:
How long has he been sitting at the bottom? Is he breathing heavy? The way the other one is hovering around, it's possible that the one on the sand is just showing submission. Hard to tell with just a short glimpse.

Mine did that towards the end, but he was breathing rapidly and was already coated with slime. Yours looks vibrant in the video. Again, hard to tell.

nitrates stable at 20 is not considered stable. Do some water changes to get that level down. You might want to slowly bump your salinity up to 1.025. Also what is the temp of the tank? It's summer and keeping the temp in check is very important.

Also, try increasing the total amount of live rock to 1-2 pounds per gallon. It is a natural filtration method. Base rock will get seeded by the live rock and can be added slowly. I know it is not cheap. That will help with the nitrates and give the fish hiding spots.

she's ben on the bottom sense this morning wen i woke at 730 and yes she seams to be gasping for air.. temp is 82 and hasn't changed

whenever i do a water change the nitrates don't budge at all no mater how many i do i did two in 4 days and they stayed stable at 20

Theres one of 2 things happening right there.Either that clown is trying to host something in the sand there,or its hurtin.Cant tell which from the video.

no i don't do you think that could be it

they were fine before i set up my sump so i just pulled out my overflow and return and put my equipment back in i thin something maybe going bad because booth my chromis and wrasse have hid on me

shes not hosting she moved to a different spot and is doing the same thing

i put a bubbler from my fresh water tank into oxygenate the water this is a video of her now shes the one swing upwards which she never dose..is she better?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp8IpxLXIrU]YouTube - 0629001452.3g2[/ame]

I mean, she seems normal for a clown there...How much flow do you have in the tank? If your water surface is rippling, it should be properly oxygenated already. How're the other fish? You said some of the others are hiding?

Do you have PH's in the tank?You need alot of water movement at the surface for gas exchange
Clowns are tough,they can take alot,but any fish can just die and we will never know why...good luck

That fish is having swim bladder problems.You can tell by the way its struggling to stay up in the water column.Its having to work to hard.

Back