is this coralline?

joshlegs

Reefing newb
So (aside from the obvious brown algae .....), i think i have some coralline algae growing in my tank. But I'm really not sure. Here's a pic. It's the pinkish looking stuff just below the light, on the tank wall.

also, re the brown algae, i think ive been overfeeding, and been keeping my lights on about 12 hours. so im gonna cut back on food and lights and hopefully that will stunt the brown algae.

Am I right about the coralline though ?

Attachments

• photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 274
Looks like coralline to me..
When you take your mag-float over it, does it come off? or just scrape over it and not take much off at all? If it doesn't come off, its probably coralline. And you'll have to use a razor. Make sure you wash it off with freshwater when you're done or it will rust
Is there any on the rocks?

I actually was kinda hoping to grow some of the coralline! So this is a yay!

i tried brushing it with an algae brush and it didnt come off at all. And I can't really tell if there's any on the rocks. looks like there might be some, or it could just be where the rock is discolored a little for some other reaason.

thanks!

Yep, looks good on the rocks. I just don't let it take over my front glass. Whenever I see it there, I gotta pull the razor out

Back